- The maximum capacity of the Beach confines is 3,000 people.
Children under the age of 7 must be accompanied and monitored at all times by a person aged 16 or over, wearing his/her swim suit, in the swimming area, based on the ratio below:
0-24 months 1 adult / 1 child 25 months to 7 years 1 adult / 3 children
- A proper bathing suit must be worn (babies must wear a swim diaper).
- Spitting, urinating or blowing your nose in the beach is prohibited.
- Safety belts and personal flotation devices are recommended for people who don't know how to swim.
- Only safety belts (dorsal ball or hippo belt) and personal flotation devices (PFD) are permitted.
- Civil and safe conduct is required at all times in the Beach confines.
- Diving head-first and climbing on the shoulders of another person is prohibited.
- Flippers, snorkels, inflatable games or other flotation objects are prohibited.
- Filtration backwash areas must remain free of swimmers at all times.
- Users must stay within the marked-off swimming areas.
- Balls and Frisbees are only allowed in the green-space areas.
- Beach chairs and umbrellas are only allowed on the grassy sector.
- No rolling stock (bicycle, skateboard, skates) is permitted in the Beach confines.
- The smoking ban applies in every area.
- The use of barbecues on the site is prohibited.
- No alcoholic drinks may be brought into the confines of the Beach.
- Glass containers are prohibited; plastic bottles are permitted.
- No music device, except for walkmans, is allowed within the Beach confines.
- Pets, including those kept on a leash, are not allowed.
- Canoeing and fishing in the swimming area are prohibited.
Open water swimming
- Open water swimming is reserved for people aged 14 and over.
- A lifeguard on duty must be notified before you go into the open water area.
- The traffic flow must be obeyed at all times.
- Hanging on to the buoys is not permitted.
- Any incident leading to material or physical damage must immediately be reported to SPJD staff, which will take charge of applying the appropriate measures.
Getting to Jean-Doré Beach
Nearby parking area: