Jean-Doré Beach Regulations
Updated: February 22, 2016 at 12:24 p.m.
- The maximum capacity of the Beach confines is 3,000 people.
Children under the age of 7 must be accompanied and monitored at all times by a person aged 16 or over, wearing his/her swim suit, in the swimming area, based on the ratio below:
0-24 months 1 adult / 1 child 25 months to 7 years 1 adult / 3 children
- A proper bathing suit must be worn (babies must wear a swim diaper).
- Spitting, urinating or blowing your nose in the beach is prohibited.
- Safety belts and personal flotation devices are recommended for people who don't know how to swim.
- Only safety belts (dorsal ball or hippo belt) and personal flotation devices (PFD) are permitted.
- Civil and safe conduct is required at all times in the Beach confines.
- Diving head-first and climbing on the shoulders of another person is prohibited.
- Flippers, snorkels, inflatable games or other flotation objects are prohibited.
- Filtration backwash areas must remain free of swimmers at all times.
- Users must stay within the marked-off swimming areas.
- Balls and Frisbees are only allowed in the green-space areas.
- Beach chairs and umbrellas are only allowed on the grassy sector.
- No rolling stock (bicycle, skateboard, skates) is permitted in the Beach confines.
- The smoking ban applies in every area.
- The use of barbecues on the site is prohibited.
- No alcoholic drinks may be brought into the confines of the Beach.
- Glass containers are prohibited; plastic bottles are permitted.
- No music device, except for walkmans, is allowed within the Beach confines.
- Pets, including those kept on a leash, are not allowed.
- Canoeing and fishing in the swimming area are prohibited.
Open water swimming
- Open water swimming is reserved for people aged 14 and over.
- A lifeguard on duty must be notified before you go into the open water area.
- The traffic flow must be obeyed at all times.
- Hanging on to the buoys is not permitted.
- Any incident leading to material or physical damage must immediately be reported to SPJD staff, which will take charge of applying the appropriate measures.
Anyone who fails to comply with the rules will receive a warning.
The Société du parc Jean-Drapeau reserves the right to eject anyone who does not obey the directives or warnings.
The Société du parc Jean-Drapeau is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.